Please see packet below for complete information, rules, and policies for MoHS Summer School.
Summer School Dates:
1st Semester: June 15th – June 30th
2nd Semester: July 1st – July 17th
(No School on July 3rd)
Begin registering for summer school by following these steps:
- Submit the online application available on our school’s website (http://bit.ly/mohsSummerSchoolApp2020). Please note that completing the online application does NOT guarantee a seat in a summer school class, but only begins the application process.
- After the summer school registrar reviews the application and class availability, further instructions will be sent to the email address provided through the online application.
FOR CORE CLASSES: Seats will be offered on a first come, first served basis, with priority being given to students in need of credit recovery.
⮚ The student’s counselor will be notified of the pending application and will provide the student with a confirmation letter needed to complete the application process.
⮚ Students applying to take a class for credit recovery and improvement will begin receiving confirmation letters beginning Monday, March 30, 2020.
⮚ Students applying to take a core class for acceleration will begin receiving confirmation letters after Monday, April 13, 2020 (per space availability).
⮚ This letter must be signed by the parent/guardian.
FOR PE/HEALTH CLASSES: Seats will be offered to students via drawing. All applications received on or before Friday, April 17, 2020 will have an equal chance of getting a seat in PE and Health classes.
⮚ Students applying for PE and Health classes will begin receiving confirmation letters after Monday, April 20, 2020.
⮚ This email will include an attached confirmation letter to officially offer a seat in a PE and/or Health class. This letter must be printed and signed by the parent/guardian.
- The confirmation letter AND payment must be submitted to the front office in order to complete the registration process. Once the payment has been accepted by the front office, the student’s spot in the designated class is secured (see refund policy).
ONLINE APPLICATION -
Please make every effort to have your son/daughter in school on time every day. In order for a student to earn a full credit for Summer School, he/she must meet a minimum instructional time requirement. All courses are eligible for regular high school credit unless prior credit was earned. The following guidelines will be used for taking attendance for this year’s summer session. Please read them carefully, and then sign at the appropriate line on the confirmation letter.
- 2 tardies (excused or unexcused) equals one absence
- 2 absences in a 12-day session (excused or unexcused) will result in dismissal
- 4 absences in a 5-week session (excused or unexcused) will result in dismissal
In case of emergency, the administration will evaluate the situation on an individual basis. Whenever a student is absent or tardy because of such an emergency, parents should call the summer school office as soon as possible AND send a note signed by the parent or doctor with the student upon return.
Medical, dental or personal appointments (i.e. job interviews, road tests for licensing) should be scheduled AFTER school hours. Please remember that ONE DAY of Summer School is equivalent to ONE WEEK of the regular school year.